“Creamy homemade mini pumpkin pie bites with a scratch-made buttery, flaky crust . Easy to make recipe! Perfect portable fall dessert ”
They’re easy, packs in all the flavors of homemade pumpkin pie, portable and downright adorable! Everybody loved these little mini pumpkin pie bites!!
- PIE CRUST (all ingredients should be really cold)
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter (chopped)
- ¼ cup butter-flavored shortening
- ¼ cup cold water
- PUMPKIN FILING
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (can add more if desired)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter and shortening until crumbly.
- Stir in cold water.
- Stir until dough forms.
- Press dough into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine white sugar, brown sugar and butter until creamy.
- Mix in egg, heavy cream, flour and vanilla until creamy.
- Fold in pumpkin. Batter will be speckled.
- When pie dough has chilled remove it from fridge and knead lightly a few times.
- Flour a work surface and pat dough out about ¼ inch thick.
- Use a small round cookie cutter to cut out 2-inch circles.
- Place the dough circles into a non-stick mini muffin pan.
- Press the perimeter of the pie dough so that they completely fill the tin. Use a fork to create ridges on the mini pie crusts if desired.
- Place the batter into the pie crusts using a mini ice cream scoop.
- Shake the pan or use a knife to level off the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the centers of the pie is set. Be careful not to over bake. Pie may be a little jiggly when it comes out of the oven but will set completely as it cools. Pies will be puffy when they come out of the oven, but will sink back down when cooled.
- Cool pies on the counter and then top with cinnamon cool whip.
Happy Cooking Everyone!
Be sure to check out our let's bake tea towel for the holiday season and much more! Be sure to let me know if you try the recipe and how much you loved them in the comments.